Financial Aid & Funding
Paying for Your Education
The Onondaga School of Therapeutic Massage has partnered with the Department of Education to make funding your education more affordable. In addition to government grants and loans, OSTM applicants also have the option to apply for outside funding through a variety of sources outlined below.
Should you have questions about financial aid at any time, please contact the financial aid administrator, at your local area campus: Rochester – Jodi Brodner, LMT, firstname.lastname@example.org, 585-241-0070 or Syracuse – Selina Boyd, email@example.com, 315-424-1159
Federal Student Aid
We encourage all of our students to apply for Federal Student Aid by submitting a FAFSA (Free Application for Federal Student Aid). For the quickest turnaround, you should apply online at www.fafsa.ed.gov. The school code for OSTM is 041553 (for both campuses). Our financial aid offices are equipped with laptops for your convenience or should you need support in completing your FAFSA. (Paper FAFSA forms are also available from your financial aid administrator.)
Federal Funding Programs
- FEDERAL PELL GRANT – Need-based gift aid that does not need to be repaid
- FEDERAL DIRECT STAFFORD LOANS – Subsidized and Unsubsidized Loans for students (non-credit based)
- FEDERAL DIRECT PLUS LOANS – Parent Loans for Undergraduate Students
Many banks and credit unions offer personal loans for education. We always recommend checking with your own bank first and comparing interest rates with other lenders.
There are many scholarships available if you know where and how to look for them. Listed below are a few places to start your search – but feel free to search online for others. If we can support you in your scholarship application in any way, please let us know. (Note: you should NEVER have to pay a fee to apply for scholarships.)
- Massage Magazine Scholarship: www.massagemag.com
- Fastweb: http://www.fastweb.com/
- Free College Scholarship Search: http://www.college-scholarships.com/
- VETERANS AFFAIRS – Benefits Program for US Military Veterans. For information call: (800) 827-1000.
- ACCES-VR: Adult Career and Continuing Education Services-Vocational Rehabilitation services are for Individuals with Disabilities and presumes that all those with disabilities can benefit from vocational rehabilitation services. Partial or full grants are awarded to students with a wide range of physical or learning disabilities to help those who are eligible reach their goals. For more information call ACCES-VR at 1-800-222-5627.
For more information about our graduation rates, the median debt of students who completed the programs, and other important information, visit the links below: