Under the direction and with the full support of the Health/Fitness Director, the Licensed Massage Therapist will be responsible for conducting chair massages and providing scientifically sound information to the YMCA membership at large. Must have experience with all types (age, race, socioeconomic status) of people and excellent interpersonal skills. Greets everyone by name whenever possible; extends thanks whenever appropriate; makes relationship building the number one priority at all times. The position is responsible for ensuring that the mission, purpose, image and core values of the YMCA of Greater Rochester is conveyed.
- Has the functional and technical knowledge and skills to do the job at a high level of accomplishment.
- Uses best practices, guidelines, and industry standards as a framework to improve performance.
- Demonstrates up-to-date knowledge and skills in technology associated with the job.
- Must be at least 18 years of age and possess a current New York State License to practice as a Massage Therapist.
- Possess current New York State Registration as a Massage Therapist.
- Possess current CPR/AED and First Aid certifications.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Warmly and enthusiastically greet members with smile and eye contact.
- Provide individual massage, which follows the sound scientific information of the Licensed Massage Therapist.
- Arrive for all appointments/workshops well groomed and in proper attire. No hats, excessive jewelry, or perfume. Wear name tag and staff shirt.
- Arrive prepared for all appointments on time.
- Products or services that are not part of the YMCA program(s) shall not be promoted or endorsed by employee to any member or guest whether the employee is “on the clock” or not.
- Attend all meetings and training as required.
- Perform all other duties as assigned.
Effect On End Result:
- The YMCA will be recognized by the community as providing excellent service to all who walk through our doors or contact us on the phone.
- The YMCA will effectively connect and build relationships with its members and the community, resulting in increased member enrollment and retention.
- Consistent, superior member service and satisfaction resulting in continued growth in membership, programs and special services.
If interested please contact
Carin M. Adams
Sr. Director Health & Wellness
BAY VIEW FAMILY YMCA
1209 Bay Road Webster, NY 14580
(P) 585-341-3204 (F) 585-671-7246