9 hours a week, academic year.
Optimal schedule Tuesday 11-4:00 pm and Thursday -12-4pm (flexible)
Other hours may be available for campus programming.
Provides massage therapy to College at Brockport students.
- Massage may be provided in 30 – 60 minute appointments,or in a more brief “chair massage” setting.
The LMT will:
- Talk with clients about symptoms, medical history, and desired results
- Evaluate clients to locate painful or tense areas of the body
- Initiate a treatment plan and educate the client how to achieve the desired result. Manipulate muscles or other soft tissues of the body
- The LMT may use nontoxic lotions and oils.
- Document condition and progress.
- Provide guidance on stretching, strengthening, overall relaxation, and how to improve posture.
- If there are available openings in the schedule, chair massages will be provided in a mutually agreed upon setting.
- A massage table and linens are provided; you will need to provide a massage chair.
- Pay is via invoice from the college on a monthly basis. Students will pay the college directly for services rendered. There is no exchange of monies between the client and therapist.
- Scheduling is by College staff via the campus practice management system.
- Records are maintained with the College.
- Licensed (in good standing) in New York State as Massage Therapist
- Good communication skills
- Reliable transportation
Forward resume to:
Lynne Maier RN, BSN, 585-395-2414, firstname.lastname@example.org
350 New Campus Drive, Hazen Hall, Brockport, NY 14420