Hope Lake Lodge and Water Park
Job Title: Massage Therapist
Reports To: Spa Manager
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
Summary: To assist with guests’ comfort in a courteous and professional manner while performing massage and/or body treatments. Direct all efforts toward guest satisfaction, safety, sanitation, proper technical procedures and spa profit maximization.
Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Perform various massage modalities, body treatments and all other services offered by the spa. Demonstrate and execute proper guest communication regarding treatments, products or home care retail items. *
- Maintain a safe and clean working environment. Demonstrates complete and thorough procedures for setting up and breaking down assigned treatment room. Assist in the overall cleanliness and organization of the spa area. *
- Escort guests in and out of the spa facility in a professional manner. *
- Ensures all communication and interaction with internal and external guests are in compliance with the standards set by the resort. *
- Responsible for explaining features and benefits of Spa products to guests. *
- Responsible for preparation and timely execution of all appointments including in-room treatments, spa treatments or other similar duties as assigned. *
- Monitors his/her appointment schedule, proactively seeking to fill openings. *
- Demonstrates a guest-driven style of leadership with a sense of urgency in interactions, execution and recovery. *
- Has a strong working knowledge of all basic job duties within the spa. *
- Assist in spa training and spa interviews for new positions if asked by management. *
- Follows established safety protocols. Complies with all spa and resort policies and procedures. *
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Employee must have basic knowledge of customer service principles.
High school diploma or general education degree (GED). Must be licensed in New York State as a Massage Therapist. Minimum of 1 year experience is preferred. Salon and Hospitality experience desired.
Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos. Ability to write simple correspondence. Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to guests, clients, and other employees of the organization. Must be able to follow verbal and written instructions and be able to communicate both verbally and in writing.
Ability to add and subtract two-digit numbers and to multiply and divide with 10’s and 100’s. Ability to perform these operations using units of American money and weight measurement, volume, and distance.
To perform this job successfully, an individual should have knowledge of Internet Explorer and Microsoft Office.
Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out detailed but uninvolved written or oral instructions. Employee must be adaptable and flexible. Ability to deal with problems involving a few concrete variables in standardized situations. Must be able to use tact and understanding when handling a variety of customer service issues involving guests of all ages, including stressful and highly emotional situations.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate. Work environment may require employee to work under variable temperature conditions (extreme heat or cold). It may consist of variable noise levels.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand; walk; use hands and reach with hands and arms. The employee is frequently required to stoop, kneel, crouch, talk and hear. The employee is occasionally required to sit and climb or balance. Employee must be able to stand up to 4-6 hours at a time. Must be able to lift, push, and pull a minimum of 30 lbs.