Department: Spa FLSA Status: Non-exempt
JOB SUMMARY: The Massage Therapist is responsible for providing professional massage and body work for clients while educating and suggesting treatments, services and bedside education related to their individual needs.
REPORTS TO: Spa Manager
- Provides professional massage services that include, but are not limited to: Swedish Massage, Deep Tissue Massage, Pregnancy Massage, and Cupping.
- Maintains a comprehensive understanding and is well versed on massage products and body skincare lines.
- Upholds the standards of sanitation and sterilization as directed by law as well as Scott Miller’s policies and procedures.
- Maintains the safety and sanitation of all equipment and informs management when equipment needs attention or repair.
- Promotes Scott Miller treatments, services, sessions and products, as well as programs, promotions, and discounts available.
- Provides bedside education and a home program to maintain muscular and joint health.
- Develops and maintains trusting, professional relationships with clients.
- Maintains confidentiality in all client matters in accordance with company policy.
- Provides accurate, appropriate and immediate responses to client questions and requests.
- Attends appropriate training, professional development and staff meetings as required.
- Maintains knowledge of latest techniques, treatments, equipment and industry trends related to massage therapy.
- Listens carefully to the clients during massages and adjusts technique accordingly to meet client’s individual needs.
- Make recommendations for a return visit to secure a future appointment is scheduled
- Cleans and stocks the supplies and equipment and informs inventory when the stock is low.
- Maintains individual spa rooms, locker rooms and common spa areas, and assists with the laundry.
- Completes continuing education requirements as determined by the Company and Board of Licensing.
- Communicates to management any and all occurrences involving staff or guests in the Spa that require attention.
- Accomplishes all other duties and tasks as appropriately assigned or requested.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE:
- Graduate of an accredited Massage School.
- Valid NYS Massage Therapy license.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES:
- Ability to communicate effectively, respectfully and positively with clients, team members and management.
- Ability to make recommendations on client service situations.
- Ability to be flexible and handle change in a positive manner.
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Effective listening skills.
- Ability to work independently without direct supervision, as well as be part of a team.
- Sound judgment and decision-making skills.
- Excellent problem-resolution skills.
- Attention to detail.
- Ability to regulate voice volume in order to maintain a calm, peaceful environment for clients in the Spa.
- Reliability and dependability.
- Available to work nights and weekends.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORK ENVIRONMENT: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand; use hands to handle or feel objects, tools or controls; reach with hands and arms; talk and hear. The employee is occasionally required to sit or walk. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by the job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, and the ability to adjust focus.
The noise level in the work environment is usually quiet.
If interested in applying please contact:
Scott Miller Salon Pittsford
3340 Monroe Ave
Rochester, NY 14618