Job Title: Massage Therapist for Award Winning Catskills Inn
982 DeBruce Road, Livingston Manor, NY 12758
Phone: (845) 439-3900
Contact for Applications: Sam Fox, General Manager, email@example.com
The DeBruce is a boutique, 14-room Inn nestled into 600 acres of river valley in Catskill Park. We are committed to offering unforgettable guest experiences year-round, and in 2018 we were recognized by Condé Nast Traveler as one of the best new hotels in the world, as well as one of the best new restaurants in America by Esquire Magazine. We are looking for a talented and dedicated massage therapist who can help elevate our spa experience and provide guests with treatments that will encourage a level of serenity to match the hotel’s tranquil surroundings.
This position is a hybrid massage therapist & spa coordinator role which will require a committed, imaginative and community-minded individual to be successful. While not in session, the therapist will be responsible for managing the spa appointment calendar, as well as communicating with guests any necessary information or reminders for their upcoming sessions. We are looking for a creative mind who can also help originate and execute on ideas for expanding the wellness program to best take advantage of our indoor spaces, as well as our expansive outdoor leisure areas. Transitional housing available!
– Currently licensed in the State of New York to practice massage therapy.
– Applicants must be available for morning and afternoon shifts on Fridays, Saturdays and Sundays so that the hotel can accommodate walk-in clients and last minute requests for treatments, and so that inclement weather does not influence the appointment start time.
– Weekdays do not require the massage therapist to be on site for a set shift, but do offer the potential to perform treatments at The DeBruce or one of our sister properties based on demand.
– Must be able to perform multiple, consecutive massage & bodywork treatments without tiring or sacrificing quality.
– Experience with Swedish and Deep Tissue massage is required.
– Experience with other types of massage, bodywork, energy work, or spa treatments is a plus.
– Participate in all staff meetings and trainings, including in-spa trainings for massage and body treatment protocols.
– Provide guests with a positive experience through a helpful approach and a warm and friendly demeanor.
– Maintain professionalism and cleanliness throughout the spa and treatment rooms by properly sanitizing any tools used in treatment, ensuring massage oils and treatment resources are kept full and in-stock, and laundering sheets and blankets used in session.
– Maintain and keep current all necessary insurance, licenses (CEU’s), and certifications as required by NYS and local agencies, including CPR.
– Self-motivated, reliable and a team player with a strong attention to detail.
– Exceptional customer service skills and love of the hospitality industry!
While in treatment, the therapist will receive a 60% commission rate of the service provided which is inclusive of gratuities.
While not in treatment, and when necessary, the therapist will be paid a competitive hourly rate to be present on-site and to perform the administrative responsibilities required for ensuring the successful operation of the DeBruce treatment room.
We also offer incredible perks, such as a 50% employee discount at our restaurants, discounts on spa services as well as access to the company health plan.