Massage Therapists – Part Time positions available.
To apply please visit: www.mohonkjobs.com
Please note: we do not accept applications/resumes by any means other than submission through our online site, www.mohonkjobs.com You will have opportunity to upload your resume and cover letter during the application process.
Location: The Spa at Mohonk Mountain House, New Paltz, NY 12561
Mohonk Mountain House stands in the midst of 24,000 acres of the Shawangunk Ridge, preserved for the enjoyment of all who make their way to this serene and welcoming resort. Founded in 1869, Mohonk, owned and operated by the Smiley Family for four generations, promotes a warm and inclusive atmosphere.
This National Historic Landmark is a Victorian castle situated on a majestic setting next to a glacier lake, where employees are welcome to, and encouraged to, use many of the resort facilities and participate in activities as a complimentary benefit of their employment. A commitment to personal service is high on the agenda at the resort
The Spa at Mohonk Mountain House is award winning with its Spa services and Wellness offerings. A unique extensive treatment menu to choose from that includes Massage, skin care & salon services, customized aromatherapy wellness, the Spa also provides daily fitness classes, guided Meditation, Yoga and Mindfulness sessions. A fully equipped fitness center and our indoor pool that offers panoramic views of the Catskill Mountains round out our oasis among nature.
Depending on your employment status, your benefit packages may include: health insurance, dental plan, life insurance, 401K retirement plan, as well as Paid vacation and holidays, and personal hour accrual. We also offer employee discounts, and encourage our staff to use the facilities and activities (subject to specific guidelines), as well as provide scheduled events, such as staff barbeques, sponsored day trips, employee fitness classes, and employee tournaments.
Hours: Hours will vary depending on Guest needs. Currently the Spa is open from 8 am to 6 pm, 7 days a week. Schedule will include weekends and holidays.
BASIC FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Massage Therapist is responsible for providing all the various massage services offered in the Spa at Mohonk Mountain House. The Massage Therapist is an active member of the Spa team responsible for maintaining a high level of guest service and satisfaction. The Massage Therapist is expected to make a professional recommendation for their guest to facilitate continued wellness.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Attend in-house trainings with the ultimate goal of being able to perform all massage services offered at the Spa at Mohonk Mountain House as described in the Spa Menu.
- Learn, demonstrate, and adhere to sequence and protocols for each massage service added to skill set.
- Perform professional recommendation of retail with the goal of 10% product sales to service revenue.
- Demonstrate thorough familiarity of Spa services by performing professional recommendation of next experience for guests served in a meaningful and relevant manner.
- Retain guests by consistently providing excellent customer service. This includes anticipating guest needs and adhering to the standards for spa guest service.
- Communicate guest issues to Spa Management.
- Promptly greet guest and provide spa guests with a tour of spa facilities when needed. Escort guest to and from treatment room.
- Perform services keeping guest satisfaction as priority, while running on time for next guest.
- Begin and end all treatments on time, adhering to bookings.
- Provide guests with a thorough and knowledgeable professional massage.
- Clean and sanitize work area as per departmental policies.
- Remove all soiled linen from massage room(s) and deposit in designated area.
- Operate all tools and equipment needed to perform the Spa at Mohonk Mountain House services safely.
- Stock and organize massage room(s) with appropriate linens and supplies.
- Prepare material and supplies for daily operations.
- Maintain a flexible work schedule including weekdays/weekends, holidays, and during peak periods of business.
- Maintain availability of a minimum of three shifts per week.
- Attend vendor trainings and events as assigned to learn the ingredients of products used in order to know possible contraindications due to allergies or medical issues provided by guests and to learn benefits of ingredients and products used to be able to offer well-informed recommendations to guests to facilitate continued wellness.
- Listen well, communicate effectively and establish working relationships with other staff, management, and guests that have a variety of educational backgrounds and values.
- Speak, read, and write the English language and communicate in a clear and congenial manner, with our guests, visitors, and employees. Hear verbal instructions, directions, and warnings.
- Adhere to Mohonk Mountain House’s Dress and Grooming Standards; presenting a neat, clean and well-groomed appearance and maintaining a positive, professional image to our customers.
- Wear proper protective equipment when performing tasks that recommend such equipment.
- Inspect and report maintenance needed on equipment used to provide services.
- Inform supervisor of hazardous situations, emergencies, or threats to security of guests, employees, or hotel assets.
- Inspect the work of others by touch, sight, sound and smell for conformance to prescribed standards.
- Work productively and efficiently with or without supervision when performing tasks.
- Prioritize and meet time goals in a calm professional manner.
- Learn and successfully demonstrate the Mohonk Mountain House Service Steps with Service Strategies with guests and staff.
- Learn and retain knowledge of historical facts and information about Mohonk Mountain House.
- Attend events, programs, and trainings as needed to enforce and support Mohonk Mountain House policies and culture.
- Reach with hands and arms, bend, kneel, stoop, twist and flex arms, walk up and down stairs/inclines, sit, climb up/down ladders or stand for up to 5 hours at a time.
- Lift up to 75 pounds from ground level to 4 feet and carry a distance of up to 30 feet with/ without assistance. Walk up to 3 miles per day.
- Maneuver carts or dollies safely with loads up to 100 pounds up and down stairs, elevators, through passageways or outdoors up to 100 feet.
- See close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust and focus.
- Interact patiently with teenagers and adults.
- Act calmly and professionally in stressful situations.
- Analyze problems and develop and implement action plans to address problems.
- Demonstrate high moral character in handling lost items and valuables turning them in immediately to designated lost and found area.
- Valid and current NYS License for Massage Therapy.
- Minimum of 2 years work experience in a professional spa setting preferred.
- Basic CPR/First Aid Certification preferred.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Mohonk Mountain House
O: 845-256-2178 | Hmaguire@mohonk.com