Onondaga Public Massage Clinic
Treat Yourself to a Therepeutic Massage
The objective of the Onondaga School of Therapeutic Massage is to provide training in the science of massage with the intent of graduating exceptionally trained, highly qualified massage therapists. An integral part of the students’ educational experience is the Student Clinic. The OSTM Clinic provides the public with increased accessibility to massage services at a reduced rate, while allowing students to practice their skills in a supervised setting. All student clinic work is supervised by a NYS licensed massage therapist.
ATTENTION NEW CLIENTS: Please print & fill out our Health History Form to bring with you to your appointment.
Participation in our student clinic implies agreement to the following:
- The Onondaga School of Therapeutic Massage offers a basic full-body Swedish massage in 50-minute increments.
- Deep tissue therapies, specific muscle treatments and other modalities of massage are not standard clinic practice.
- The clinic is for student practice in Swedish massage and that students are not qualified to practice on acute or complex medical conditions and one may not be seeking treatment for such conditions.
- Cancellation requires at least 24 hours notice. If the client will not be able to keep a scheduled appointment, the client will be charged the full value of the appointment if there is not at least 24 hours notice of cancellation, or if the client fails to show up for an appointment.
- Failure to give at least 24 hours notice or failure to show up for an appointment on more than three occasions will result in the client losing the privilege of scheduling appointments with OSTM.
- The Onondaga School of Massage clinic staff works hard to accommodate special requests for specific therapists, or for male or female therapist preference, however we cannot guarantee all requests can be honored as we are sometimes limited by the number of students available to partake in clinic.
- A clinic massage instructor may observe the student therapist at some point during any massage with no or minimal disruption.
- Clients are asked to complete a feedback form at the end of their appointment.
- Any client under 18 years old must have a parent/guardian present in the room during massage.
- Clients under 15 cannot not receive a massage in our student clinic.
- Clients must supply a credit card number or gift certificate number to reserve their appointment.