The Strathallan Spa is looking to fill this part-time position immediately.
Strathallan Spa – Rochester, NY
QUALIFICATIONS & SKILLS
- Part-time position Saturdays 9am-7pm and Sundays 11am-5pm , Possible weekday coverage
- A true desire to satisfy the needs of others in a fast paced environment.
- Refined verbal communication skills.
- Friendly, outgoing personality.
- Valid Massage Therapist license in the state of New York required
- At least one (1) year’ experience as a Massage Therapist required.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
- Greet guest and escort guests in and out of spa facility.
- Explain the features and benefits of spa services/treatments and products to guest.
- Provide guest with appropriate aftercare information.
- Before massage begins, confer with clients and learn medical history and problems they have with stress or pain.
- Gauge the condition of client’s soft tissues, the joint function and quality, range of motion, and muscle strength. Then propose specific treatment plan for client.
- Provide spa products and services in compliance with standards/procedures established by management.
- Therapist should educate clients on how to improve their posture and teach them strengthening, stretching, and rehabilitative exercises as well as relaxation techniques.
- Properly set up and breakdown service/treatment areas.
- Maintain a safe and clean working environment by maintaining your work station and assist in the overall cleanliness of spa facility.
- Build client relationships to create guest loyalty and repeat business.
- On time and at work when scheduled, and in proper uniform if applicable.
- Consistent professional and positive attitude and actions when communicating with guests and associates.
- Report all incidents of guest dissatisfaction or other matters of significance to management so that corrective measures may be taken.
- Update management monthly regarding Massage Department Inventory (needs)
- Comply with policies and procedures. Practice safe work habits and comply with sanitary, safety, security and emergency procedures.
- Any other duties / tasks as requested by management.
Director of Spa Operations
Strathallan Hotel & Spa
566 East Ave
Rochester, NY 14607